Tommy Denander Biography
A man with a 1000 faces and a million sounds!
Few guys in the music world has such a versatile background as Tommy Denander. A selftaught guitarist and keyboard player since the age of 5 he has played almost every style you can think of, both live and on more than 1800 albums, 150 singles, 5000 sessions and several movie soundtracks including Gorillas In The Mist (Sigourney Weaver) and Code Baltic Storm (Donald Sutherland).
A short list of artists he has recorded on albums with:
TOTO, MICHAEL MCDONALD, BB KING, FEE WAYBILL, RICHARD MARX, DAVID FOSTER, BILL CHAMPLIN, BOBBY KIMBALL, FERGIE FREDERIKSEN, JEFF BECK, JIMMY PAGE , VINNIE COLAIUTA, STEVE VAI, CARLOS SANTANA, DANN HUFF, TONY FRANKLIN, MICHAEL LANDAU, JASON SCHEFF, RICHARD PAGE, MICHAEL THOMPSON, BRUCE GAITSCH, STEVE STEVENS, PAT THRALL, GLENN HUGHES, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, BILL CANTOS, DAN REED, JOEY TEMPEST, STEVE MORSE, REB BEACH, CHRISTOPHER CROSS, JEFF WATSON, BRUCE KULICK, MICK RONSON, TOMMY NILSSON, JIM JIDHED, STEFAN ANDERSSON, LIONS SHARE, TALISMAN, TALK OF THE TOWN, PRISONER, RAINMAKER and SAYIT....for more see below!
Signed his first record contract in 1983 at the age of 15 with Polygram/Vertigo with his Swedish hard rock band ATC, Tommy was quickly hailed as a wunderkind by the media around the world. In a short time he was becoming a sought after session guitarist for countless Swedish artists and in 1987 at the age of 19 he moved to Los Angeles to take his career to the next level. He quickly became a first call session musician and producer as word spread and appeared on many high profile recordings including the Oscar winning movie "Gorilla's In The Mist" and playing with top names like Toto, Zakk Wylde, Matt Sorum etc...
Tommy is today one of the most hired guitar players, song writers and producers in the world with more than 30 gold and platinum rewards, 4 US Grammy nominations, an Australian Grammy for album of the year in 2008 and many other awards and readers poll wins around the world.
- Several of the top song writers and producers like Desmond Child, Andreas Carlsson and Marcus Englof use Tommy as their first call guitarist.
- Recording and touring member of Dan Reed's band that will tour the world in 2010.
- Been featured in more than 1500 magazine interviews world wide including many cover stories....
- Tommy is endorsed by VGS guitars with Schaller guitar parts who are releasing the first "Tommy Denander signature model" at the Frankfurt Messe 2010, Laboga amps, Elixir strings, Toontrack software and is often seen in full page ads in major magazines around the world like Guitar Player, Guitar World, Gitarre & Bass, Guitarist etc.
- Has had more than 1900 of his songs recorded and released all over the world including many hits as well as for movies, commercials etc...
He has appeared on more than 1800 albums, here is a selected discography:
- Paul Stanley (KISS) - Live To Win
- Tokio Hotel - On the song "Strange" that appears Tim Burton's coming movie "Alice In Wonderland" with Johnny Depp, Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter, Christopher Lee etc...
- Girls Aloud - All star charity album for the Red Cross
- David Archuleta - Amercian Idol (Gold in USA) - with Desmond Child
- Guitar For Freedom II - with Carlos Santana, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Steve Lukather, Michael Landau, Andy Summers
- AOR - CA 101 - with BB King, David Coverdale, Gary Moore, Don Henley, Sheryl Crow, Richie Blackmore, Michael McDonald
- Radioactive - Ceremony Of Innocence - with All Toto members, David Foster, Greg Phillinganes, Dean Parks
- Radioactive - Taken - with Yngwie Malmsteen, Neal Schon, Michael Landau
- Radioactive - 4Ever - with Mike Reno, Dan Reed, Fergie Frederiksen, Jimi Jamison, Robin Beck
- Gary John Barden - Solo - with Michael Schenker
- United - Where Is The Fire - with Yngwie Malmsteen, Europe, Candlemass, Hammerfall and 200 of the biggest Swedish hard rock stars
- Jason Becker Tribute - with Steve Vai, Marty Friedman, Jeff Watson, Christopher Cross, Reb Beach
- Kelly Keagy - I'm Alive (Night Ranger) - with Reb Beach
- Fee Waybill - Don't be Scared By These Hands - Produced by Richard Marx with Steve Lukather, Randy Jackson etc playing
- Jimi Jamison - Crossroads Moment (Survivor, Baywatch)
- House Of Lords - Welcome To My Kingdome
- House Of Lords - Carthesian Dreams
- Robin Beck - Trouble or Nothing 20th Anniversary
- The Rasmus - Live
- Mitch Malloy (Van Halen) - Live DVD from England 2008
- Chris Catena - Discovery - with Bobby Kimball, Earl Slick, Carmine Appiece, Pat Travers, Tony Franklin, Bruce Kulick
- LA Project - II - with Joseph Williams, Bill Champlin, Jr Robinson, Abe Laboriel, Bill Cantos
- Spin Gallery - Standing Tall - with David Foster, Michael Thompson, Randy Goodrum
Recent work include coming songs for Adam Lambert, Katy Perry, Westlife, Backstreet Boys and Kelly Clarkson....
Youtube link to TV show with Bobby Kimball (Toto) live at Globen arena in Sweden -
For more info on all the people Tommy has worked with please visit - www.myspace.com/tommydenandermusic
CONTACT INFO - email@example.com
Tommy Denander with Eddie van Halen, Toto and Paul Gilbert.