Our Oyster pickups give your instrument a natural, warm, full sound instantly, without active switching or preamps.
- The outstanding sound is realized through the perfect interplay of three elements, the membrane, the piezo and a special high-quality plastic contact gel..
- All Oyster models are fixed to the instrument either with double sided adhesive tape or alternatively, with removable adhesive pads which do not damage the surface of the instrument.
- Models 16050101 and 16050102 are designed for interior mounting, whereas the models 16050103 and 16050501 are for exterior mounting.
- Cable lengths:
- 16050101 = 45 cm
- 16050102 = 35 cm
- 16050103 + 16050501 = 320 cm
Thin adhesive tape is recommended for guitars that are quite resonant. If however, very loud signal strength is required, an adhesive silicone rubber pad is preferable. Instructions: Cut a 2cm piece of double sided adhesive silicone rubber pad or tape, remove the protective foil and stick it to the underside of the pickup, then stick the pickup onto the guitar. Finished!
With a high-quality 1/4" jack socket including cable strain relief, screw nozzle and strap button. Professional quality, secure mounting and perfect shielding make the Oyster pickup all the more valuable!
As the resonance and build of guitars varies, you need to find out the ideal positioning of the pickup on your instrument. In practice, the following three positioning options are the most common:
- Under the strings, in front of the bridge, between the second and the third treble string (B and G)
- Directly onto the treble side of the bridge
- Behind the bridge on the treble side
Models which have two capsules are positioned so that the second capsule is placed close to the bass strings. The control box should always be affixed using double sided adhesive tape and positioned so that it is easy to reach while playing.
Our Oyster pickups have a capacity of 74 pF. We recommend a minimum output impedance of 1 to 5 MOhm.
Removing the pickup:
Carefully remove the pickup without putting any strain on the cable. You can loosen the pickup more easily by turning the capsule from side to side (clockwise and anticlockwise). When you have removed the capsule, you can remove any remaining self-adhesive material with a little guitar polish.
Oyster position strong playing:
For powerful playing that includes percussive elements played on the guitar’s top attach Oyster piezo elements underneath the top in a straight line with the bridge and close to the sides. (See tab "images")
Oyster position normal playing:
For normal or lighter playing attach Oyster piezo elements left and right directly underneath the bridge. (See tab "images")