Grand Class Design & Performance
- 1:18 gear ratio
- Schaller’s all new GrandTune® Classic guarantees precise and velvet- smooth tuning
- Available in Hauser or Lyra design with a vast variety of finishes, tuning buttons and string rollers
- Specifically composed gear torque for the classical guitar aficionado
- Permanently locked, sealed and covered screw joints for zero degradation and maintenance-free performance
- Standard dimensions for easy installation
- High-gloss fine beige or deep black string rollers
- Optional Deluxe string rollers featuring state of the art ball bearings to prevent binding and improve performance. Deluxe string rollers available in fine grained galalith or piano lacquer string rollers
- All GrandTune® Classic string rollers featuring brass-lined string holes
- Weight: 152g
- Weight with ball bearings: 163g
- Price per set (see tab "versions")
Hauser and Lyra
4 string rollers:
standard beige and black, Deluxe galalith and piano lacquer with ball bearings
Nickel, BlackChrome, Gold, Ruthenium, SatinPearl, SatinBlack, SatinGold
7 tuning buttons:
perloid white square, snakewood oval, galalith oval, perloid grey square, ebony square, perloid grey ellipse, acrylic black ellipse
A few words about ball bearings
Our GrandTune Classic deluxe string rollers feature special ball bearings for accurate, low-friction and noiseless performance. With the ball bearing’s diameter of 10.0 mm and the string roller’s diameter of 9.8 mm they guarantee the shafts to run free and unobstructed inside the headstock bore.
It is important to note that the deluxe string roller’s ball bearings do not improve the GrandTune Classic tuner’s performance itself. Which is not necessary anyway.
They rather help avoiding a common problem with classical guitar tuners and the contact of the rollers inside the headstock. The Deluxe string roller’s ball bearings effectively cure increased friction and resistance between shaft and wood often resulting in crackling and creaking noises whenever the tuners are turned.